Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Day 2 - 2011 London Marathon Training

Today’s run was strong. I did a 1 mile job, followed by a fast 1.5 miles, 5 min walk x 2. I ran from my office on Bermondsey Street across Tower Bridge past the London Tower then up to the Embankment station and back to the office. Total time – 56:14, Avg. pace 9:48, and Distance was 5.74. 

It took some motivation to do this at work during lunch, but once I was done I was happy I did. It was interesting to see how many others do the same thing. I saw people of all shapes and sizes running my route. Seeing so many others hitting the pavement like I was instantly made me feel better.

As for todays diet, this morning I had coffee and a large blueberry muffin. After my run I had a large bowl of Pho with beef and veggies. This afternoon I had a bowl of Fruit and Fiber cereal, it’s like Raisin Bran with dried bananas, yum! For dinner I will be having thin crust pizza with mushrooms.


Tomorrow's run is a relaxed 5 mile run, which I plan on doing after work. Depending on the weather it will be at the gym or outside...

Until next time... Ciao!



No comments:

Post a Comment