Monday, January 10, 2011

Days 5 & 6 - 2011 London Marathon Training

Saturdays run of 4 miles proved to be challenging for some reason. Sunday my run was strong I did 8 miles with an average of 9:30 mins per mile. I think this may have been due to my carb loading the night before where I had pizza and ice cream, super indulging!

I haven’t had any issue with the running until after my 8 mile run on Sunday when my arches (outside foot) started hurting. After doing some research I believe this was mainly due to my shoes. I have discovered I am an underpronator, whereby I run on the outside of my foot. I realized that my New Balance 1064's were not providing enough support. These were originally designed for neutral runners, and I am very much an underpronator. After doing my home work I decided to go with the Nike Air Pegasus +27 which are highly rated for underpronators. I will be running in them tomorrow, stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment