Sunday, January 16, 2011

WEEK THREE (Jan 10-16) 2011 London Marathon Training

This week I logged 29 miles with speed work on Tuesday, maintenance runs on Wednesday, Thursday and Saturday and a 9 mile run today. I definitely felt tired toward the end of this week and today’s run was tougher than I expected. I think it’s just part of adjusting to the increased mileage.  

Wimbledon Common
I have been running mostly through city neighborhoods. Although today I ran through Wimbledon Common which was a nice change of scenery. There were parts of my run where no one was in sight. It was just me and the open crisp air, it was very peaceful. I hope to do more park running as it's a great way to see all of London's parks. I plan on visiting Richmond Park next weekend. 

I have been listing to audio books recently which is a great way to take your mind off the running. At the moment I am listening to Dear John, which honestly is a bit of a downer. I think the next book I choose will need to be a bit more light hearted. I am considering a comedy or thriller. Any recommendations are appreciated! :)

This week’s completed runs:
  • Mon Rest 
  • Tue 1M jog, then 3 x 1M (or 8 mins) fast, with 400m (3-min) jog recoveries, then 1M jog 
  • Wed 6M (approx 60 mins) slow 
  • Thu 1M jog, then 3M (approx 27 mins) steady, then 1M jog 
  • Fri Rest 
  • Sat 4M (approx 42 mins) easy 
  • Sun 9M (approx 90 mins) slow

No comments:

Post a Comment