Monday, January 31, 2011

WEEK Four & Five (Jan 17-29) 2011 London Marathon Training

Leading up to Sunday Jan. 23rd I felt strong. On that Sunday I set a person best 10k. After the 10k, I struggled most of last week. My legs we’re sore and I felt weak until this past Sunday.  I was also featured on Huddle’s blog this week, see the posting here, http://blog.huddle.net/the-marafun-team-ashleigh-casner

Jared, my husband, has been VERY supportive. He is always encouraging and even massages my legs when they are tired, usually on Sundays :) As a Valentine’s Day present he booked a weekend for us in Bath, old Roman city here in the UK, which even has natural hot springs! We head there next Friday and I can’t wait. It will be interesting to be a tourist while still logging a run 15 mile run… stay tuned!




Last 2 week’s completed runs, are below:

Week Four
·         Monday - rest
·         Tuesday – 4 x 800m fast
·         Wednesday – Slow 7 miles
·         Thursday – 2 miles jog and 2 miles fast (8:37 – 8:57)
·         Friday - Rest
·         Saturday – Easy 4 miles
·         Sunday January 23rd Race 10k – set a personal best, 10k in 49:44

Week Five
·         Monday Rest
·         Tuesday – Fartlek 4miles
·         Wednesday – Slow 5 miles
·         Thursday – Steady 5 miles
·         Friday Rest
·         Saturday – Easy 4 miles
·         Sunday – Slow 11 miles (1:49:15)

No comments:

Post a Comment